The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) released its August 2019 Packaging Papers and Specialty Packaging monthly report. According to the report, total packaging papers shipments were down 10.1 percent from August 2018 and down 5.3 percent year-to-date.
In August 2019:
- Bag and sack shipments were down 4.0 percent year-to-date;
- Multiwall shipments were down 13.3 percent;
- Food wrapping shipments were up 5.6 percent, and;
- Converting shipments were down 8.3 percent.
- The operating rate for August increased to 87.6 percent compared to 81.6 percent in July. Inventory levels increased 5.5 percent from July.
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy.