WestRock Company, a leading provider of differentiated paper and packaging solutions, today announced results for its fiscal third quarter ended June 30, 2020.
WestRock is executing its differentiated strategy with financial strength and substantial liquidity. Given the uncertainties associated with the severity and duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Company is focused on meeting the needs of its customers and supporting the health, safety and well-being of its teammates.
Third quarter of fiscal 2020 financial highlights include:
- Net sales of $4.2 billion decreased by 9.7% compared to the prior year quarter
- $0.69 of earnings per diluted share and $0.76 of adjusted earnings per diluted share compared to $0.98 of earnings per diluted share and $1.11 of adjusted earnings per diluted share in the prior year quarter; up sequentially from $0.57 of earnings per diluted share and $0.67 of adjusted earnings per diluted share in the second quarter
- Segment EBITDA margins improved sequentially across both segments in a rapidly changing economic environment
- Generated net cash provided by operating activities of $740 million
- More than $3.2 billion of availability under long-term committed credit facilities and cash and cash equivalents at June 30, 2020
“Our results for the fiscal third quarter, including our strong cash flow and debt reduction, demonstrate why I am so proud of how the WestRock team is working closely with our customers to help them meet changing demand across a variety of end markets,” said Steve Voorhees, chief executive officer. “We are taking the necessary steps to help our teammates work safely during the pandemic. WestRock remains well positioned with the capabilities, cash flow, liquidity and team to meet the challenges ahead and support our customers, teammates and communities.”