BID Group announces it will be expanding its digital offering with its new AI-Powered Smart Vision. Ideally positioned to lead the digital transformation, BID is bringing sawmills to higher productivity levels. BID Group provides industry-leading solutions for its highly valued customers by delivering a complete range of smart equipment, turnkey installations, digital technologies, and aftermarket services.
The system can be deployed at all stages of the process and uses Artificial Intelligence to analyze images from the cameras that constantly watch production and identify objects of interest, leading to an increase in productivity.
BID’s Smart Vision will better serve its customers by providing the following benefits and technologies to sawmill and planer mill operations:
- Identification of production anomalies that normally require mechanical and/or human intervention
- Reduction of major production stoppages and equipment breakdowns
- Alerts when a problem occurs so that action can be taken automatically or manually
- Continuous management and monitoring of one or more stages of the wood transformation process
- Ongoing measurement of quality control and optimization of equipment maintenance
“We are proud of our team and the hard work that was put into our new Smart Vision, a technology that will allow our customers to easily optimize their production flow and get the most out of their mill. Artificial Intelligence is changing the face of our industry and BID is leading the revolution by relentlessly pushing the limits” said Simon Potvin, President of Wood Processing.