Valmet’s Board of Directors has decided to adjust Valmet’s strategy to include Flow Control and align Valmet’s financial targets with Valmet’s financial reporting structure.
Valmet’s new strategy is: Valmet develops and supplies competitive and reliable process technologies, services and automation to the pulp, paper and energy industries. Valmet's automation business covers a wide base of global process industries. Valmet is committed to moving our customers’ performance forward with our unique offering and way to serve.
Valmet’s previous strategy was: Valmet develops and supplies competitive process technology, services and automation to the pulp, paper and energy industries.
Valmet’s financial targets
As announced on April 27, 2022, Valmet consists of three reportable segments: Services, Automation and Process Technologies. Valmet’s financial targets remain unchanged.
Valmet's financial targets are the following (previous targets in brackets):
- Net sales for Services and Automation segments to grow over two times the market growth (previously: Net sales for stable business to grow over two times the market growth)
- Net sales for Process Technology segment to exceed market growth (previously: Net sales for capital business to exceed market growth)
- Comparable EBITA: 12–14% (unchanged)
- Comparable return on capital employed (ROCE) before taxes: at least 15% (unchanged)
- Dividend payout at least 50% of net profit (unchanged)