The Pulp & Paper Safety Association (PPSA) has announced that its annual Safety Performance Awards are now open for nominations. This year’s honors will be presented at PPSA’s 77th Annual Safety and Health Conference, June 14-17, at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida.
Among the awards being presented, the prestigious “Executive Eagle” recognizes the most outstanding executive in the paper industry who has provided significant contributions toward the cause of accident prevention in his/her company and throughout the industry. Additional awards include:
• PPSA Distinguished Service Award: The highest award for service within the association.
• Award of Safety Excellence: Awarded for operating excellence in categories including the combination of paper, tissue, and recycling mills, converting operations, and to woodlands and solid wood operations.
• Safety Innovator Award: Presented to a facility demonstrating the most innovative safety improvement product or process during a set time period.
• Industry Safety Committee/Team Award: Honors a pulp and paper industry safety committee or team that has made a notable contribution to safety and health at their location, company, or within the industry.
• Safety Leader of the Year Award (SLY): Recognizes a single forest products industry leader who has demonstrated unique, engaging, and effective approaches to safety programs within his/her company.
The deadline to submit all award nominations is April 1, 2020.