Toscotec pioneered the manufacture of steel dryer cans in the 1960s, at a time when cast iron dryers...
Andritz to supply wood processing plant for Ilim Group in Russia
Andritz has received an order from the Ilim Group to supply a wood processing plant with two debarking and chipping lines, chip and bark handling equipment, and a SmartWoodyard advanced control system to the Koryazhma mill in the Arkhangelsk region, Russia. Start-up is scheduled for mid-2021.
The new woodyard will replace existing woodroom and chip storage facilities, which have a pneumatic conveying system. The technology supplied by ANDRITZ will substantially contribute towards reducing emissions and operating costs, resulting in environmentally friendly, high-quality chip production and considerable savings in raw material.
The Andritz scope of supply includes new debarking and chipping lines with:
• unique de-icing process for logs in the debarking drums
• horizontally fed HHQ-Chipper
• two HQ-Press bark presses
• chip and bark handling equipment, including chip storage
• SmartWoodyard advanced control system, including Decision Support Wall (DSW) and process optimization system with smart sensors like WoodScan, BarkScan, ChipperEKG, CrusherEKG, and ScanChip wood chip analyzer.